Home / Curriculum
- ESS schools adopt the general framework of the Ministry of Education’s developed curricula. Students study Arabic, Islamic Education, and Social Studies to enhance the identity of Arab and Islamic students and enable them to use the mother tongue. The Arabic language material has been enriched with additional resources to boost literacy and improve calligraphy.
- Students also learn English through National and International standards ensuring that students learn English from kindergarten until high school with nine classes on weekly basis. The English curriculum of ESS aims to develop literacy skills. Students interact with selected sources based on the curriculum through the integration of technology and daily language practice.
- Students learn Science in Arabic (ministerial) and are enriched with a variety of resources that support their learning. Students in ESS study Science in English from the first grade to the third Intermediate. This course is to support the student’s language output and enrich its vocabulary. The subject has been adapted into Arabic Science (ministerial), where students study concepts first in Arabic and then in English.
- Students learn Mathematics according to National standards and have been enriched to support students’ ability to understand the concepts and conduct mathematical operations.
- The subject is enriched by the teaching of Math in English from the first grade to the third grade, middle school, aiming to enrich the student’s language, and familiarize them with mathematical concepts to be met later in colleges. This course is adapted in Arabic mathematics (ministerial), so that students study concepts first in Arabic and then in English.
- ESS teaches students Art and Physical Education following a curriculum designated to build and refine the student’s personality starting with the first grade of primary school.
- Computer courses are adopted starting with the first grade through a curriculum and resources that match the skills of the 21st century. Since students use laptops to learn during school time, the school has provided the right digital environment for students to connect to the World Wide Web, electronic resources, learning management software and the adoption of Microsoft Office 365 applications.